Any prospective student regardless of major can join in the excitement of the TUMB! Contact Director of Bands Barry Spanier at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition and interview to help answer any questions you have about the organization. Audutions are best done in person, but they may also be submitted via CD, DVD, or online media. If you are planning on doing a campus visit, we can usually accommodate your schedule to do an audition/interview at that time.
Wind Audition Requirements:
- 2 selections of varying styles - one lyrical and the other technical. These can be from any repertoire source, selected by the recruit.
- 2 scales of the recruit's choosing plus a chromatic scale, two octaves each.
- Sight reading will be provided by the TUMB staff. (Recorded auditions are to include sight reading administered by the recruit's local music instructor.)
Drumline Audition Requirements:
- Download the TUMB Audition and Membership Information Packet. Contact Mendel Lee if you have any questions.
Color Guard Audition Requirements:
- Contact Barry Spanier for Color Guard Audition Requirements.
Dance Team Audition Requirements:
- Refer to the Dance Team Auditions Page for Dance Team Audition Requirements.